Our Favorite Aeropress Method
Have you ever wanted to use the Aeropress brewing method but thought it was too difficult? Fear no more! We have a simple way that works for us and makes a delicious cup of coffee in less than 3 minutes. We are so good at it now that we can do it with one hand and Parker in the other.
First things first you'll need to buy the Aeropress (duh!). The great thing is that they give you everything that you need to make your morning cup, aside from the coffee. Below is the Winner's Reciepe from the 2019 World Aeropress Championships, Wendelien van Bunnik of the Netherlands.
Coffee: 30 grams of coarsely ground coffee.
Grind: 7/10 (1 being fine, 10 being coarse)
Water: Roughly 200 grams of water around 196 degree F.
- Pour 100g of water on the coffee in 10 seconds.
- Stir firmly for 20 times in 10 seconds.
- Put the filter cap with rinsed filter on the brewer and gently press out excess air.
- At 40 seconds, flip the AeroPress and press out all coffee. You should end up with roughly 60g of extracted coffee.
- Add 100g of water to the extracted coffee.
- Taste and add more water until the desired strength (I ended up with 120g dilution)
- Cool the brew down to roughly 60°C (140°F) by stirring and decanting
If you are more of a visual person be sure to check out our Instagram video where I walk through it step by step.